- About Your Privacy
- Why We Collect and Use Personal Information
(1) Collecting personal information about you is essential to our being able to provide the products and services that best meet the needs of both yourself, being the User or Member as defined in the User Agreement, and/or authorized third parties (“Client”). While the personal information we collect may come directly from you, it may also be provided by our affiliates or other third parties.
(2) Personal information may be used:
(b) to understand and assess User and Member’s ongoing needs and offer products and services to meet those needs;
(c) for collection, billing and accounting services relating to our products and services:
(d) for User and Member communication, service and administration;
(e) for internal, external and regulatory audit purposes;
(f) to comply with legal and regulatory requirements;
(g) to share or exchange reports and information with credit reporting agencies, credit bureaus, and any other person, corporation, firm or enterprise to verify the accuracy of personal information provided to us.
(h) to assist us or third parties in developing, evaluating and improving our sales and marketing strategies and techniques in the vehicle re marketing industry;
(i) to maintain and update our banned Member list;
(j) to prepare experience surveys
(k) to help us to administer your account and to contact you about any accounts, services and products we have provided
(l) to allow us to contact you in any way (including mail, email, telephone, fax, text/SMS or multimedia messages) about products and services offered by us and selected partners unless you have previously asked us not to do so
(m) to help to prevent and detect fraud or loss
(n) We may monitor and record communications with you (including phone conversations and emails) for quality assurance and compliance
(3) Personal information may also be used for other purposes, subject to obtaining your prior consent for such use.
- Consent To Use Personal Information
(2) Providing us with your Personal Information is always your choice. When you request products or services from us, we ask that you provide information that enables us to respond to your request. In doing so, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure to appropriate third parties of such Personal Information for these purposes. You also authorize us to use and retain this Personal Information for as long as it may be required for the purposes described above. Your consent remains valid even after the termination of our relationship with you, unless you provide us with written notice that such consent is withdrawn. Such notice can be sent to email@example.com
(3) In certain circumstances, consent cannot be withdrawn, such as where there is an emergency that threatens the life, health or security of an individual, or if we must comply with a court order or under certain circumstances as required by law.
- Sharing Personal Information With Others
(1) FLIPPED is not in the business of selling client lists or personal information to people outside of their trusted network. However, FLIPPED may need to disclose the personal information collected to affiliates, subsidiaries, successors and other service providers or agents who perform various functions for FLIPPED and the Site.
(4) In certain circumstances, FLIPPED may be required to provide personal information to third parties for legal or regulatory purposes. FLIPPED may disclose your Personal Information if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to (a) comply with relevant laws or to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on FLIPPED; (b) to protect and defend FLIPPED’s rights or property, you, or third parties, or (c) prevent or investigate any illegal activity. You hereby consent to FLIPPED sharing your Personal Information under the circumstances described herein.
(5) FLIPPED may also use this personal information to assess your future needs and to offer the products and services that may best meet those needs, from FLIPPED, FLIPPED affiliates or reputable organizations selected by FLIPPED. If you do not wish to receive these offers or such information, please contact Jason Mayhew as outlined below in the contact information section.
(6) You understand that when you use the Site, certain information you post or provide through the Site, including but not limited to, your name, profile, comments, pictures, videos, collections and reviews, may be shared with other Users and posted on publicly available portions of the Site, including without limitation, chatrooms, bulletin and message boards, along with other public forums. Keep in mind that if you choose to disclose Personal Information when posting comments or other information or content through the Site, this information may become publicly available and may be collected and used by others, including people outside the Site’s community. We will not have any obligations with respect to any information that you post to parts of the Site available to others, and recommend that you use caution when giving out Personal Information to others in public forums online or otherwise. We also share the information you publish with other third parties.
- Sale of Information
By agreeing to use services provided by FLIPPED you consent to the sale of your private information to any member of our dealership network (in the event that you accept to be put in touch with this dealer member). This information will include your First name, Last name, Phone number, and Email. This information is sold as a ‘lead’ and solely for the purpose of contacting you to discuss a new vehicle purchase or negotiate a trade-in offer. In turn the dealership agrees to not sell, distribute or share your personal information beyond their personal customer records.
- Keeping Information Accurate
(1) It is important that your personal information is accurate and complete. Having accurate information about you enables FLIPPED to give you the best possible service. You have the right to access, verify and amend the information we have about you. FLIPPED relies on you to keep us informed of any changes, such as a change of address, telephone number or any other circumstances.
(2) If you identify any personal information that is out-of-date, incorrect or incomplete that cannot be amended by you, please contact FLIPPED and we will make the corrections promptly and use every reasonable effort to communicate these changes to other parties who may have inadvertently received incorrect or out-of-date personal information from FLIPPED.
- How We Safeguard Personal Information
(1) At FLIPPED, we employ physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect our systems and all Personal Information under our control against unauthorized access and use. All safety and security measures are appropriate to the sensitivity level of the information collected.
(2) Our service providers and agents are required to maintain confidentiality, and may not use the information for any unauthorized purpose.
(3) Employees are governed by strict standards and policies to ensure that Personal Information is secure and treated with the utmost care and respect.
We take reasonable steps to help protect and secure your personal information. However, please
remember that no data storage or data transmission over the Internet, or by other means, can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Thus, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. Therefore, you understand, acknowledge and agree that you transmit your personal information to our website at your own risk
- Privacy and the Internet
(1) In general, FLIPPED collects Personal Information that you submit to us voluntarily through the Site. FLIPPED also collects information that you submit in the process of creating or editing your account on the Site. For example, FLIPPED’s registration and login process requires you to provide your name, valid email address, and password of your choice. When you personalize your profile and use the features of the Site, FLIPPED will collect any information you voluntarily provide, and we may also request optional information to support your use of the Site, such as other demographic information. FLIPPED collects information in the form of the content that you submit during your use of the Site, such as photos, reviews, ratings and other information you choose to submit and we will also keep track of your account history. FLIPPED may also collect information about you and your friends who use the Site, from any social network you may have connected from, in order to provide you with a more personalized experience. When you purchase products or services through the Site, you will need to submit your credit card or other payment information so that our service providers can process your payment for those products and services. When you sign up for, or win, any contests, sweepstakes, or other activities that we make available on the Site, we will collect the designated information along with such activity, which may include your contact information such as your address and phone number. If you choose to sign up to receive information about products or services that may be of interest to you, we will collect your email address and all related information. Additionally, we collect any information that you voluntarily enter on the Site, including Personal Information into any postings, comments, or forums within the Site’s community.
We provide all users with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving non-essential (promotional, marketing-related) communications from us on behalf of our partners, and from us in general, after setting up an account.
If you want to remove your contact information from website lists and newsletters, you may do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
By using the Site, you are representing that you are at least 18 years old. Children under the age of 18 are not permitted to use the Site or become Members.
- Contact Information
Please contact email@example.com to obtain further information about our policies and procedures or if you have any unresolved enquiries or concerns. Our Privacy Officer can be contacted as follows:
Mail: 100 – 250 Besserer St, Ottawa, ON K1N6B3
Attention: Digital Dealer Soft Inc – Privacy